ARTIST OF THE SENSITIVE
She didn’t know that she has feelings so she experienced them through horses
Horses are the pretext, paint is the means of expression to express her emotions
Benedicte Gelé started to paint horse with a figurative expression as it was very natural for her. Except that she’s refused to keep that way of style. Inside her, there were much more than just the representation of the animal, something more personal that Gelé hadn’t find out yet.
The horse is taken as a body with round shapes, bones, angles that reminds her nude lessons at school. She’s chosen the horse but it could have been a female model as they share common points.
Year after year, the line took the central part of her art like a common thread with the powerful black chalk she always kept.
The graphic designer in her are never very far away and kept influencing her work.
She also an explorer when it comes to technique and Gelé always try new mediums to keep a kind of freshness, have infinite possibilities and choice of expression in her work. Her art is rich in texture, contrast and use complementary color palettes blended together.
Year after year, her horses became more abstract as well with the essential to express the movement and the expressivity. A kind of semi abstract painting where the animal remains in the lines and the emotional in the core of her art.
MAIN EXHIBITIONS & PRIZES
- First Kept Painting Prize at the Art&Cavallo Exhibition at the Fieracavalli – Verona (Italy)
- Art&Cavallo at the Fieracavalli – Verona (Italy)
- GMAC Chatou – Chatou (FR)
- Trophée Carrare “Leonard de Vinci” – Haras de St Lô (Fr)
- Grand Priz de la Ville de Talence 2018 – Bordeaux (Fr)
- Trophée Carrare “Le cheval de manège” – Haras de St Lô (Fr)
- Vermeer Centrum Delft – Delft (The Netherlands)
- Expo 4 Art – Bordeaux (Fr)
- Horse Exclusive Experience – Lisse, The Netherlands
- Trophée Carrare “Tapisserie de Bayeux” – Haras de St Lô (Fr)
- Theatre Le Dôme – Saumur (Fr)
- Exposition personnelle à La Maline – Ile de Ré (Fr)
- L’Art O’Carré – Orléans (Fr)
- 22e Salon International de Saumur – Bouvet Ladubay Prize – Saumur (Fr)
- Horse Utopia – Florence (Italie)
- Aranima à La Hip Galerie – Paris (Fr)
- Equine Art 2011 – Auburn (US)
- Galerie du Prieuré St George Benedicte Giniaux 2006>10 – Oise (Fr)
- International Equine Art Competition – 3 Prizes – Art Horse (US)
- Exposition “Equine art” à la Corner Gallery – Surrey (Angleterre)
- 16e Salon International de Saumur – Saumur (Fr)
- Exposition personnelle Haras de St-Lô – Saint-Lô (Fr)
- 31e Salon National des Artistes Animaliers – Bry-sur-Marne (Fr)
- 15e Salon International de Saumur – First Prize “Painting” – Saumur (Fr)
- Exposition Théatre Equestre Zingaro – Aubervilliers (Fr)
- Salon de Dessin et de la Peinture à l’Eau – Grand Palais – Paris (Fr)
- 58e Salon de Moret – Prize of “La ville de Moret” – Moret-sur-Loing (Fr)
- Émission “Des brides et vous” sur la chaine Équidia